Born in Brooklyn New York on a cold February morning it seems that music was part of his make up from the very beginning. At the age of one most children start to blurt out the words momma or
daddy, not Jim. His first word ever was “Hop“, a reference to the number one hit, "At The Hop", at the time by the rock and roll group known as “Danny and the Juniors“. For days he looked around
and uttered nothing but the word “Hop“! Soon it would become apparent that he had a love for music and a God given ability to sing.
At the age of eight the very shy “James” was one of about fifty kids asked to sing in front of a group of cub scouts leaders. The group was there to put together a Christmas show and the scout leaders wanted to see who could carry a tune. To everyone’s surprise Jim blew them away. They were so impressed that Jim was given the lead. The night of the play he was such a big hit that the parents, priests and cub scout leaders whisked him off the stage in shear excitement and smothered him with love while Jim's parents sat in their seats stunned, speechless and in shock. They had no idea he had such a talent. For the next two years he was asked to sing for a variety of events throughout the neighborhood.
At the age of ten Jim's family moved to Flushing New York where he eventually came out of his shell and developed his style and love of music. There he learned to read music, play Tenor Saxophone, performed in several plays and was in his High School Band.
Music was always important to Jim but having a family was just as important. Over the years, music did not support the family lifestyle he desired so Jim temporarily put music aside. He provided for his family by working in several business‘s. He found a way to include music back into his life once again in the early 1990’s. On a part time basis he worked as a Karaoke DJ/KJ. As an entertainer he found a way to incorporate his love of singing and music with a way to earn some extra money. His desire to perform filled a void in his life and music re-established itself as an important part of what he wanted to accomplish.
In 1996 Jim began Magical Music Entertainment, a Karaoke/DJ Entertainment business based here on Long Island. In 2001 he decided to live out his dream and made Magical Music a full time venture. Since then he has entertained at hundreds of Weddings, private parties, fund raisers and more. Today he sings and entertains at over two hundred events a year and has become one of the areas busiest, hardest working and most requested entertainers.
Married to his wife Silvana they share their lives with their daughter Kristina.
1993- 1996 - Summit Entertainment - Karaoke KJ/DJ
1995- 2001 - Request Entertainment - Karaoke KJ/DJ
1996 - Today - Owner - Magical Music Entertainment- Singer/Entertainer/DJ
* 2001 - PBS TV - WNET Channel 13 New York - Egg The Arts Show - Segment Singer
* 2013 - WNBC TV - News 4 - WLNY TV - News 10/55 - FIOS TV - FIOS News 1
Merrick Senior Center Reopening - Singer/DJ
* 2013 - WLNY TV - News 10/55 - FIOS TV - FIOS News 1
Oceanside Senior Center Reopening - Singer/DJ
* 2013 - Mobile Beat Magazine - Issue 147 - Featured Article - What's Next? Standing Out Requires a Solid Strategy
* 2013 - Mobile Beat Magazine - Issue 148 - Featured Article - Finding My Niche: Seniors. DJing And Singing For The "Classic" Demographic
* 2013 - Mobile Beat Magazine - Issue 149 - Featured Article - Marketing Multiple Skill Sets - A Package Deal Isn't Necessarily The Best Approach
* 2013 - Mobile Beat Magazine - Issue 150 - Featured Article - I Like That, I Want That, Why In The World Did I Buy That?
* 2013 - Mobile Beat Magazine - Issue 151 - Featured Atricle - The Senior, Senior Prom
* 2013 - Mobile Beat Magazine - Issue 152 - Featured Article - Entertaining Residents
* 2013 - Mobile Beat Magazine - Issue 153 - Featured Article - Show You Care
* 2014 - Mobile Beat Magazine - Issue 155 - Featured Article - Niche Venues Part 1
* 2014 - Mobile Beat Magazine - Issue 156 - Featured Article - Niche Venues Part 2
* 2015 - Mobile Beat Magazine - Issue 170 - Featured Article - Play Ball - Hit A Home Run With A Sports Themed Event